I was speaking to a colleague this week about training for Kona and they asked me
'why do I do triathlon'?
I decided that this would be an opportune time for me to reflect on why I, and others like me spend so much of our precious time in the pool, saddle and out running the streets. With lots of weekly challenges to face during training (like getting up at 5am everyday) I really found it interesting and enjoyable to write about
my 10 favourite things about triathlon!
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
1. The Ocean (nothing quite like hanging out in my Funky Trunks)
2. Coffee Rides (accompanied by lots of food!)
3. My BeautifulBikes (and keeping them very clean!)
4. Racing and competition (as well as being inspired by others racing)
5. Inspirational andSupportive Triathlon Club's (BTC and Boxfit)
6. Traveling to new places (to race/train with friends and family)
7. Spending time with the wife
8. Opportunities to challenge yourself (swimming proves to be a weekly challenge)
9. Generous people who have supported me and other triathletes in their pursuits
10. All the friends I have made through triathlon
KEEP SMILING........it's the fuel that keeps me going!