Owain is a top Age Group Triathlete and Performance Triathlon Coach in Sydney Australia. After transitioning from years as a runner, with International representation for Great Britain and Wales, he discovered a new passion in triathlon. Owain is the 2016 World 70.3 Age Group Champion M35-39 and continues to strive to achieve his ultimate goal of Age Group Ironman World Champion. Owain is a dedicated Triathlon Coach working with Energy Link Coaching calling on his experience in Exercise and Sport Science and a 10 years as a High School PE teacher.
· 2016 Ironman 70.3 World Age Group Champion M35-39
· Kona Ironman World Championships finisher 2013 & 2015 competitor
· Triathlon Australia Performance Coach
· Balmoral Triathlon Club Triathlete of the Year 2013/2015/2017
· Represented Great Britain and Wales in athletics 2004-2011.
Ironman - 8.47
70.3 - 4.00.41
10km - 30.29
5km - 14.27
3000m - 8.16
3000SC - 8.49
• Zoe Young, Balmoral Triathlon Committee – “I believe in sponsorship to influence grass roots and local markets. For me I connect better with an ambassador like Waino as he is talented, but also part of our community and gives back and shares his experiences with us.”
• Chris Thomas – Energylink Performance Coaching - “We have had the awesome opportunity of being able to collaborate with Owain for 4 years as a highly successful athlete and more recently as part of the coaching team. He is a self-motivated, positive and gifted athlete and coach who conducts himself with integrity and approaches life with an honesty that is admired by those around him. Waino is a coach’s dream and an athlete’s dream coach!”
• Bel Fong – Owain's Athlete – “Waino goes out of his way to help his athletes without hesitation. He volunteers his time to help people with their technique and if you talk to everyone at Balmoral they all hold him in the highest regard. He is the go to person for all things triathlon."